Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Train-Ride Birthday

 How cute is this little train set from ScrapNDiptiy?? It also comes in a girl figure, rather than a boy. I made this card for the ScrapNDipity Design Blog Spotlight--please check it out over there, as well!


I thought this train set was the perfect chance to make a regular envelope sized card, which I'd been dying to try for a while now. 


I will admit, I had a terrible time finishing the coloring on these critters! I cut each with my Scan N Cut 2, and always go around the edges with a black marker to make them look complete, and remove any stray white around the border. For some reason, every time I did this, it bled into the coloring of the critter! GRR! I re-did the little boy at least 3 times, and STILL have a little bit of bleed. And totally gave up on the bunny--she is what she is!

When I finally got a boy that I was willing to live with, I attached him with foam tape, so he was a bit of a focal point on the card.


The "Birthday Boy" on the cover, and the "It's all about you today" sentiment on the inside were stamped with the Stampin Up set, "Hooray Its Your Birthday". It just didn't seem to make sense to place the sentiment in the middle of a long card like this, and I think the off-to-the-side placement worked out great.

Thanks for checking it out! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment