Friday, September 15, 2017

Owl Always Be Here for You--First Day of School

This is my son's first year of school! He went of the Kindergarten the other day, and as is so common, I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on him!

With his reading abilities expanding, he's started getting a kick out of puns and such, so I made this cute simple card for him for the First Day of School, and tucked it into his backpack for him to find when he got to school.



 This cute Mommy and Me Owl are from ScrapN Dipity Designs. One of the things I like about using digital stamps is that you can print them at whatever size works best for your purpose. Never too big or too little!

 I colored the image with Copics, added Wink of Stella to the bellies, then fussy cut (since my SNC is still packed up). The base was sponged with Stampin Up inks, using Post-it tape to mask the ground/sky border. This was still too plain, so I went searching through my stamps and found some random little flower stamps, and drew in the stems, as well as the grass.



 
The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set that I was recently gifted and seemed perfect to get a chuckle out of my silly little boy. The sentiment was actually in one line, but I cut it to be two; it was stamped with Versafine Black and heat embossed with clear powder.






   Since I wanted this to be a very specific card, I printed the interior message on my computer, using the Hobby Lobby Heavy Weight white card stock. (I find this is to lighter than the Recollections Heavy, and perfect for card bases).







Unfortunately, I did have a little problem with my Multi-Media Matte glue, and ended up with some blotches on the card base. I was so frustrated. But I knew it was for a child, and I was running out of time! So I added a few sequins to cover the worst of the blotches, and went with it. :-) Thank you for checking it out, and please visit the Sketch Saturday Blog as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment