Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Monochromatic Scrap-Card


One of my scrap drawers was so overflowing that I couldn't close it any more! So I had to make some scrap cards! One of the designs I came up with was inspired by this MayMay Made It YouTube video. There are lots of other similar designs around on Pinterest.







 I had also seen this video from Jennifer McGuire, and made some Rainbow Cards with a slightly different design.  On these cards, I die-cut the word "hello" 4 times from black scraps then topped it with Accent Essentials. The Friend stamp was stamped with VersaFine Black and heat embossed with clear powder.  This design requires more long pieces.










When I finished 4 of the Purple Monochromatic cards, I still had a few smaller pieces left over, which I couldn't stand to throw away. So I cut a piece of 2.5 x2.5 inch white square and did the same mosaic design on this smaller piece.  I cut a dark purple background with the wonky-stitch rectangle. The sentiment piece was distressed with Perfect Plum, which just made it stand out better. Even though this card was actually just to use up the last little pieces, and was a total after-thought, I think this one ended up being my favorite! LOL








I was working to make a bunch of "hang-in there" style cards, so I just printed this sentiment on my 8.5" x 11" card stock numerous times and cut in half to make my card bases. I ended up with 8 of the Rainbow cards, and 5 of the Purple monochromatic cards.











I decided to participate in some Challenges this week, so I am linking to all the blogs that these cards work for. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope to you'll be back again soon!











7 comments:

  1. Love the mauve, purple, dots. Very striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and I love how you've used the paper strips to create the background, they look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! I was super excited to get to participate in the SSS challenge! I could definitely put that gift card to use!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Very pretty; love the background. Thank you for sharing with us at the PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card!
    Thank you for joining us at crafty sentiments designs.
    Marja dt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and technique - love your cards.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete