Saturday, January 27, 2018

Stuck on You Valentine's Day Card

I had a ton of fun making this cute Porcupine Valentine's Day Card for the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog for January 27, 2018. 


 



Second month in a row, I have followed the sketch almost to the letter! 



 









This adorable image is from A Day For Daisies, and colored with Copic Markers. 
Face: E33, E31 R20
Quills: W1, W3, W5, W7
Hearts: RV13, R20, R17, R29

I was able to get the color difference on the face by simply avoiding the heart shaped area while coloring the rest, with a couple of layers, then went over the whole area once. I also touched up the eyes with Pilot V5 pen.  I did color just a little bit of a shadow under the little guy with N1 then faded it with a Blender pen. 

 I cut the white circle (printed on Hobby Lobby Heavy Weight White cardstock) with a circle die, and the lace-scalloped circle from pink. This layered design piece was raised on a piece of fun foam.


The papers I found in the Pebbles "Yours Truly" 6x6 paper pad that I found at Tuesday Morning for $3!! The darker pink base layer, and the pink used for the scallop circle and edging were both scraps I've had in my bin for way too long to admit! The DSP base totals 4 x 5-1/4" with the darker pink base being 1/4" larger (giving an 1/8" mat all around.) The pink scallop edge was cut with a die...I believe from Paper Smooches.

I used my Cricut Explore and a Uniball Signo White Gel pen on black card stock (Recollections brand) to create the title banner. I cut and layered this twice to give it extra stability. 

 




I liked this sentiment from a Concord and 9th "Stuck on You", but I didn't have the set, and didn't want to wait for it to come! So I just printed it on the inside of the card base with the printer.









Thank you so much for stopping by, and as always, please visit Sketch Saturday to check out what the other lovely ladies have come up with this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment